- We offer the exclusive ability to wager on these premier American tracks
- Bet directly into your favourite harness track from the comfort of your own home!
- We are always adding more tracks, if you have any suggestions or recommendations, email us now!
- link2bet customers can place bets directly into the American Tote and view the races live through a clipping service.
- Harness Glossary of Terms.
Harness racing is generally raced in an anti-clockwise direction, the horses usually start from a mobile (or moving) barrier. Six, eight or sometimes ten, horses will start from the front row with any remaining horses lining up behind them. Harness races are usually conducted over distances between 1609 metres (one mile) and 2400 metres. Generally, pacing races use a mobile start, but sometimes from a "standing start" (where the horses begin from standing still).
Special breeds of horses known as standardbreds are used, which compete at the more popular pacing gait or a trotting gait, these terms describing how the horses run. If a trotter or a pacer gallops or otherwise breaks stride during a race, the driver must pull up the horse and coax it back into the approved gait. This is vitally important, because it is unfair to the other runners and is an offence.
We offer wagering Available On The Following Harness Tracks, please click the links to get more information. To place wagers use one of the betting services.